Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mothers' Day

Tonight as I held a child heating up with a fever in my arm, rocking the chair back and forth gently, singing softly all the bits and pieces of what was supposed to be a lullaby, I wonder how my own mother did it, how my grandmother did it (7times) and how all the mother in the world did it. As the boy gradually fell asleep soundly and peacefully, my shoulders went numb. In his dreams, he smiled.


My plan for the night to finish any kind of assignments was unexpectedly abandoned. He became the priority almost suddenly. I think of my mother and all the times she drops everything - every single thing without a second thought to give me her fullest attention... Did my childish selfish self take her for granted?


Mothers are heroes. Happy Mothers' Day to all these wonderful women in the world :) ! Thank you

No comments: