Sunday, June 10, 2012

The time has come...

She waited and waited for the first drop of rain to hit the ground. It had been three days yet there was no sign of the much expected tantrum. She sat in the deafening silence - awaiting the storm.

And finally it rained today - no it didn't rain. It poured. She put on a green dress and walked out. Lifting her chin up, she gazed into the tormented storm-ridden sky and let her pain finally hit rock bottom.

She whispered a prayer, a little prayer not for herself and with that a smile blossomed on her lips.

"Grandma, I am doing the right thing, right? Why does it hurt so much, still? Please bless me with the strength I need to gracefully walk away..."

And like a green frog, which bravely took the plunge deep down into the cold water, without fearing any unexpected danger awaiting underneath the calm surface, she walked away, dived into life and let the sky swallow up her traces.

It was as if she had never been there from the first place, never barged into their lives, fought their battle, relocated everything and changed their lives forever.

"Fate gives me a reason to be here and so I came. Now that my job is done, my prayer is answered, my worries are washed away... It's time to fulfill my end of the deal. . . Though Fate is cruel, it's the time has come"

You are not the reason why she leaves but you never give her a reason to stay. So she walks away.

No comments: