Friday, May 10, 2013

Ruins

A count down
I am a girl with
an expiration date branded
on her head, bright red and
excruciating. It-
reminds me that love
isn't forever and perhaps it was
an illusion - sweet despair sweet
sweet dream, wake up...

"Stop ruining love by wanting it so badly"
Should have known it better, should have learned my lessons,
should have just let go
I walked into a dead end, just to smash my heart against the concrete.
My love is strong, my heart seems solid - How
FOOLISH to believe in cruel fairy tales
Lovers will eventually come together - they told me.
If you wish upon the stars - they told me.
Lie, lie, lie
What I have left in my hands are
ruins of a sweet despair.

Let go, Linh. Let go.
And go home. Build a home - a safe place
for your heart and hide
I can't do this anymore.
I can't.
I
just
can't

No comments: