Friday, December 21, 2012

If today, tmy world comes to an end

 
If  today, my world ever comes to an end, I have no regrets.
I have traveled, I have lived.
I have walked among strangers - and made friends
I have wandered in absolute solitude, and cried my heart out in the center of the world.
I have told my parents how much I love them, almost every single day.
I have found my passion, been living my dreams as a poorly/unpaid teacher.
I have made positive impacts on lives of many, even in a subtle ways.
 
 
If today, my world ever comes to an end, I have no regrets.
I have loved and I have made the person I adore know how special he is to me. 
I have kissed under the bright moonlight, 
and woke up, listening to the sound of his breathing.
I have fell for him, and yet learned to stay at peace with my mind
that his happiness will never be my pain
and my happiness must not solely depend on whether or not, he's with me
for another day.
I have learned to be glad - "us", we happen at all.
 
 
If today, my world ever comes to an end, I have no regrets.
Even though we never said we loved one another yet - and perhaps we never will, I will close my eyes remembering the desperation in our last hug goodbye, the tears in his eyes when I said I cared and sincerely meant it, the warmth of his skin against mine and his touches, his textes goodmorining and the stories we shared. For once in my life, I have wondered what "love" was and whether or not my idealistic definition of "love" was a tart overrated. For once I didn't mind being questioned and challenged - for once, I did not mind being wrong.  
Even so, I still have A LOT in mind; so many places I haven't been to, so many amazing people I haven't conversed - so now let me get back to my darn statement of purpose - and people, stop whining cuz until I make this world a better place for my students, my children - the world is not going to end.
 
 
 
It's just not. So hang in there.

No comments: